2. TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
(b) PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED IN THE ONLINE STORE. In order for you to purchase products that we offer via the Site, we require you to provide us with certain information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes your name, e-mail address, billing address, and financial data, such as your account or credit card number and your name on the credit card.
(c) PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED DIRECTLY FROM YOU. This is personal information you provide us if you communicate with us by filling in application forms, e-mail, post messages to any of our chat groups, bulletin boards, or forums, or otherwise complete online forms, surveys, contest entries, or register for our newsletter, any information provided in such communication and/or registration may be collected as Personal Information. This type of Personal Information may include your name, postal address, e-mail address, user name, telephone number, age, date of birth, or gender.
3. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
(a) USE OF INFORMATION. We collect your Personal Information to provide you with the required services or information. The following are examples of how we may use the personal data we collect:
- provide you with services and products that you request from us
- send you an invoice for our services and products
- resolve consumer and/or product and services issues
- anticipate and resolve problems with any services and products supplied to you
- improve your customer experience on our Site
- do research and analysis to maintain, protect, develop and improve our services
- deliver customized content or advertising such as personalized offers for products and services that may be of interest to you
- communicate regularly with you to inform you about service updates, content, special offers and advertisements that may be of interest to you
- participate in our online communities, including our social media channel/pages and blogs
- store your preferences for future interactions and communications from us
- create external marketing & analytics reports
- prevent illegal activities, suspected fraud and potential threats to our network
- analyze the characteristics of our customers at an aggregated level and customer utilization of our products and services in order to understand customer and market needs, to improve our existing products and services, to design new products and services and for business development
(c) USER CHOICE REGARDING COLLECTION, USE, AND DISTRIBUTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. You may choose not to provide us with any Personal Information. In such an event, you can still access and use much of the Site; however you will not be able to access and use those portions of the Site that require your Personal Information. If you wish to receive information and promotional material from us or from some of our partners, you may select the appropriate “opt-in” option each time we ask for your Personal Information. If you do elect to provide us with Personal Information, we may use that information for any of the purposes identified above, unless you have specifically chosen to “opt-out.”
5. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
The collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information is safeguarded by technological and organisational security measures with the objective to protect the Personal Information against loss, misuse and unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. These measures are continually improved in line with technological developments.
Your Personal Information is stored on secure servers located in the United States that are not accessible by third parties. We transmit sensitive Personal Information, such as financial data, via secured channels.
We will not retain your personal data for a period longer than necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, unless we have to keep it for legitimate business, tax, or legal purposes.
6. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS.
You are entitled to know whether we hold Personal Information about you and, if we do, to have a copy of that information. Furthermore, you can request us to correct, update or delete your personal data in our records and/or inform us about any misuse of your personal data. You also have the right to data portability.
We maintain a procedure in order to help you confirm that your Personal Information remains correct and up-to-date in our online store, forum, and/or GTD Connect. At any time, you may visit your personal profile.
GTD Online Store
Through your personal profile you may review and update your Personal Information. Please note that our online store, forum, and GTD Connect are separate databases, and you will need to update your information in each one if you have a profile. In the case of electronic direct marketing, we will provide you with a method to opt out of receiving further marketing materials or with a method to opt in if required by law. If you wish to contact us regarding your Personal Information, or object to our use of your Personal Information, you may do so by e-mailing us at [email protected] You can also make a complaint to the relevant privacy authority.
7. LOST OR STOLEN INFORMATION. Please notify us promptly at [email protected] if your credit card, user name, or password is lost, stolen, or used without your permission. In such an event, we will remove that credit card number, user name, or password from your account and update our records accordingly.
We may also make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and news groups available to you. Please understand that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. We have no control over its use and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information.
9. CONTACT INFORMATION
David Allen Company
201 East Ojai Avenue #788
Ojai, CA 93024
Last Revised: May 23, 2018